This guide contains only scientific proven herbs with studies.
There are a lot of herbs that people think that raises testosterone but have never been proven in any lab, like Tribulus Terrestris which is one of the most popular but all studies show that it doesn’t work at all. Yes some of the herbs here are not human studies but people have seen good results while using them.
Grown in Asia, It is also sometimes referred to by, Icariin. Icariin is its main ingredient which is a flavonoid compound and has been shown to increase Testosterone levels and bone health density.
- In the first study in humans Horny Goat Weed was shown to inhibitory effects of PDE5 and PDE4. This in turn increases testosterone production. Reference
- A rat study found is able to increase the circulating levels of testosterone and suggests it has testosterone mimetic properties. Reference
- In some other animal ones, Horny Goat Weed lowered cortisol and of course an elevated cortisol level suppresses testosterone production. So also has antidepressant properties. Reference, Reference
Originally from Malaysia Jack, The boosts effects in testosterone are quite reliable and a lot of scientific evidence. Cholesterol is the most important factor for building up testosterone. Tongkat Ali converts cholesterol more easily into androgens.
In this human study, 32 men where given Tongkat Ali and significant improvements were noted, testosterone up by (+37%) with reduced cortisol exposure (−16%) Tension (−11%), Anger (−12%), and Confusion (−15%). Reference
This one is in rats and showed and increase of testosterone concentration by (30.2%) and muscle weight also increased. Reference
76 Men with hypogonadism (low T), were given 200 mg for just a month and 90% of the subjects levels normalised. Which is incredible. Reference
- There has been a lot of human studies that shows strong evidence of lowering cortisol and stress is one of the leading causes of low T. Reference, Reference
- As well as reducing stress ashwagandha also increases the hormone luteinizing (LH) Reference, Reference
- So this must mean that it increases testosterone? There has only been a few studies on T levels and they have all been on infertile men. References
No, its not a herb but is one of the most important vitamins in aiding T levels. With a lot of people now with office jobs, there vitamin D levels are very low and it is a vital vitamin for testosterone production.
- With a massive 1,362 male participants. Total and free testosterone level increased. Reference
- Another one with chinese men also increased T Reference
Forskolin has been associated with protecting against cancer, yet more studies are needed to prove this and also it is considered one of the best weight loss herbs because it has anabolic effects so your body doesn't burn muscle while on it.
- In the first study, they used 500 mg's of Forskolin on over weight men and levels raised above 30%. Reference
- In another one with rats the levels raised above 200%. Reference
- The last study showed that it can have anabolic effects by increasing the levels of cAMP. Reference